Dmoongirl on Twitter --- Dmoongirl on Facebook

Saturday, April 9, 2011

BOOM

BOOM

I wish this blog was titled "BOOM" because I binked some six figure score this weekend but my remarkably consistent ability to lose with sets against flush draws prevented that from being a possibility. But, I have some other, fun and exciting news to share!

I am being featured in the documentary 'BOOM' which is being produced by Jay Rosenkrantz and CardRunner's very own Taylor Caby. "BOOM" is a feature length documentary about the evolution of the online poker boom and its impact on those who play the game. The project is being produced by Ryan Firpo, who also directed the "From Busto to Robusto" series that many of you are probably already aware of.

While I'm super excited about the project now, the initial idea of participating in a documentary that required cameras to follow me around for a week was, quite frankly, pretty terrifying. For the most part, I've been a pretty private person when it comes to poker. My family and friends all knew I played professionally but beyond that I sort of enjoyed the anonymity that came from hiding behind my computer screen. When Ryan (who found out my identity in a totally random, fluke encounter), first contacted me about participating in the project, I was pretty skeptical and ready to blow him off but the names Jay Rosenkrantz and Taylor Caby hold some credibility in the poker world. When he mentioned they were producing I figured I'd at least hear him out. The more I learned about the project the more the idea of participating grew on me. After talking to my family and friends I agreed to be a subject in the film.

In November Ryan and his film crew flew out to Minnesota to film me in my home environment juggling life as a mother, wife, and poker player. In true Minnesota fashion, the California boys were welcomed with the first snowfall of the year. While I don't want to give away too much of the plot, I think they got some really interesting footage and interviews with myself, family, and friends.

One highlight of the week that most likely will not make the final cut was when Ryan insisted we play a HU freeze-out. He said he always played the subjects of his poker documentaries and thus far was undefeated. I won 2/2 and sent Ryan moping back to California wallowing in the misery of his defeat. There was some pretty heavy trash talking leading up to this match so I'm most likely going to gloat about the victories (emphasis on the "s") for the rest of my existence.

Right now the 'BOOM' crew is busy taping their other subject(s). I don't think the full lineup is decided on yet, but I do know the new host of WPT's "The Raw Deal" Tony Dunst is another subject.. Tony is a super intelligent, cool guy who I know will be a very interesting character in the film. I think I know who the third subject will be as well but I'm not sure they have released that information so you'll just have to wait. I can confirm he's someone who has a pretty big reputation in the poker forum world and there is just no way he isn't going to make for some interesting viewing.

The filming of my segment is mostly done but the crew will be out in Vegas for the WSOP this summer to film all of their subjects at once. I think it's pretty cool I'm going to have my own personal film crew to capture me winning my first bracelet ;) A little positive thinking never hurt anyone right? I believe they are hoping to release the film in early 2012. I'm very honored and excited to be a part of the project and I really can't wait to see the finished product.

If you are interested in 'BOOM' you should check out their new Facebook page and follow them on Twitter. I'll leave you with some pictures of the crew's trip to MN because really, who doesn't love pictures? Plus, I haven't shown off how adorable my son is yet and that just needs to happen. As always, thank for reading. Wishing you lots of run-good in cards, and life!

Danielle

http://twitter.com/#!/BoomDocumentary
http://www.facebook.com/pages/BOOM-Documentary/148021775262310?sk=wall

Some friends and I hang out and discuss their perceptions about me as a poker player.



Some of my biggest fans 'celebrate" the first snowfall of the year after a fun night out.
The cutest three year old ever IMO.
Easton and I doing some grinding.
An interview in my living room.
Ryan with his game face on for the HU battle.
I don't really think intimidation is my strong suit.
Ryan trying to get a read. I can only assume it didn't work.

0 comments: